Reason to rent with Glasgow Van Hire
Glasgow Van Hire are independent rental agents, offering all rental services including: car hire, van hire and minibus hire, throughout the UK. Our partners include many of the world’s largest rental companies.
Book a van online with Glasgow Van Hire and be sure of the following:
- Excellent standard of service and helpful, experienced staff to assist with any queries
- The majority of our vehicles are less than 12 months old or will have driven less than 14,000 miles.
- Real value for money with cheap van hire rates there is a van available for every pocket.
- There are no hidden extras.
- The majority of our vehicles, whilst on hire, have unlimited mileage.
- Be rest assured all our van hire vehicles are covered with 24hr breakdown assistance and replacement.
- Most of our van hire vehicles have a full tank of fuel and should be returned with a full tank.
- All van rentals will be cleaned and service checked before each hire.
- Hire vans have comprehensive insurance (with the option to reduce the excess).
- Hire vans are available to young drivers; an additional charge will be required for their insurance. They must have held a full driving licence for 24 months and have no convictions, points or bans.
- One day, one Way Van hire rentals to and from all major towns, cities and airports.
Van range and models
A variety of van’s are available to hire from the small, cheap and nippy courier van hire, to a Luton box van hire for those heavier loads and minibuses. Manual transmission van hire and automatic rental vans available.
One way van hire
One way van rental is available. Simply collect from one rental branch and return to another - i.e. Glasgow - London.
In order to use airport facilities, van hire companies have to pay an additional fee. In many locations this fee is passed on to the customer and must be paid in local currency. In accordance with our no hidden extras policy, the premium location fees are included in all our van hire prices.
Rental vehicle collection
If you wish to add any additional drivers to the hire agreement, this must be completed at the time of van hire collection, a full drivers licence must be presented to ensure they comply with specific van requirements, e.g. suitable age to drive etc.
Collection Time is the time that you wish to collect your rented vehicle - this will be shown on your rental voucher.
Rental vehicle return time
Is the time that you must return your rented vehicle - unless extended by prior arrangement. It is important to be aware that van hire companies charge for periods of 24 hours.
If you return your hire van later than 29 minutes after your scheduled drop off time, you will be charged for an extra day at the rate payable at the depot - not our negotiated rates.
Carriage of goods
It is extremely important that vans are not overloaded the responsibility of the driver of all rental vans to ensure that the vehicle is loaded safely and securely. Certain types of goods are NOT allowed to be transported in any vehicles that we rent. Please check with us if you are at all uncertain.
As Commercial vehicles are subject to roadside checks by the Ministry of Transport, please ensure that extra precautions are taken with the vehicle after loading; ensure all doors and the load are safely secured to prevent any harm to other motorists.
Driving licence requirements
UK drivers who passed their ordinary car driving test prior to 1 January 1997 will normally have been issued an old style UK Driving Licence showing vehicles of Group A or a new style EC Driving Licence showing vehicles of Categories B, C1 and D1. Drivers who passed their ordinary driving test after 1 January 1997 are only issued a Driving Licence showing vehicles of Category B (up to 8 passenger seats); Categories C1 and D1 are no longer issued automatically.
Passenger carrying vehicles including minibuses
Driving Licence Category D (9 or more passenger seats) or Category D1 (9 to 16 passenger seats).
In order to drive a 9-16 passenger seat minibus, drivers must hold a valid driving licence showing either Group A on an old style UK Licence or Category B & D or D1 on a new EC style Licence issued in any EU Country. If the driver passed the car test (Category B) after 1 January 1997 and wishes to drive a minibus, they are required to take a further Statutory Driving test for vehicles in Category D or D1. Another further Driving Test may also be required to tow a trailer (Category E). However; certain drivers who passed the car test (Category B) after 1 January 1997 are permitted to drive a vehicle in Category D1 (minibuses) without the need for a further test so long as the following conditions are met:
- A full driving licence has been held for at least two years.
- The vehicle is driven for social purposes only.
- The driver receives no payment (or any other consideration) other than out of pocket expenses (i.e. they are a volunteer).
- The maximum authorised mass of the vehicle does not exceed 3.5 tonnes, or if fitted with specialised equipment used for disabled passengers, does not exceed 4.25 tonnes.
- There is no trailer attached.
To drive both a minibus and any Luton vans you must be in the age range of 25 years to 75 years. To drive Panel vans the driver must be in the age range 22 years to 75 years.
Minibuses & Luton vans are NOT permitted to be taken outside of the United Kingdom.